Wednesday 19 November 2014

Portfolio Fashion Shoot Shenanigans

I have recently been exploring ways to ensure that I can achieve a professional finish for my looks and my styles to ensure that if ever I am asked to show universities or companies examples of my work, I will have smart and sophisticated shots! I have to say it was one of the most exciting and energetic things I have done all year and I mean when was I ever going to turn down a chance to practice all the tips that Tyra and the ANTM panel have taught me over the years (ily tyra)????



I decided to create a selection of outfits from different seasons, and included some of my new pieces for Autumn/Winter

  Here I wore my new boyfriend style purple oversized coat with a smart shirt and black jean and the cutest blue/green tonal bow tie and like who knew that popping the collar on a coat adds a completely new edge to it like bravo whoever did this it's so cute, thank you for the inspiration.


Also my new batwing jumped made an appearance in all it's ostentatious glory I mean never has a sleeve made me so happy it's actually mesmerizing. I like to create contrast in an outfit whether it be in terms of tightness and floatiness (excuse the english) or oversized and small, because it accentuates your waist or your legs or whatever body part or piece of clothing you would like to show, and it means you're not just straight up and down glamorous, you're in and out, curvy and colorful! This is shown in spades in the outfit with the batwing leaf detail jumper because the effect of having it tucked in means it's pulled in at the waist and the top half is oversized, and the legs and shoes are tight and contrasted to the top. It may sound convoluted but it's a sure fire way to ensure shape is created which is like the highlighter of the outfit. It makes it sparkle and shine because you're not just wearing the clothes, you've created shapes and contours for the clothes to sparkle on (yes your body can sparkle if you believe strong enough).



 The shoot was done by the gorgeously glam, Lauren Flood, and on my instagram account (link on my homepage #shamlessselfpromo) she is tagged in the pictures so ensure that you check her out and enquire about her amazing and professional services because why would you not want to be Kate Moss or Jourdan Dunn for the day??????? (or RuPaul i mean whatever floats your boat)





It's also a great way to show off what you can do with clothes in a styling format.
The course that I am applying for at university, Fashion Marketing, is a great course to get into the
fashion styling world and work for magazines and companies, helping them style
for the media to ensure they get the  most out of their clothes! I see clothes as being such an emotive item in retail as if they are used in the right way at the right time and at the right place, they can release emotions and feelings to the customer that will ensure they sell sell sell. I find this correlation so interesting in the fact that a window display or a picture in a magazine can make you feel certain emotions or feelings of happiness or of times gone by that makes you want to buy it and wear it and werk it!


I would also just like to say a huge thank you again to Lauren for helping me organise and take the pictures for this shoot, and would also like to say that I will now be working with the sensationally chic JackRabbitSlims Vintage shop in my local town and will be writing for their website and sharing all their amazing vintage and absolutely effortlessly gorgeous clothes they have to offer, so be sure to look out for that in the coming weeks (i'm sure i'll go on about it 2308408 times because i'm thoroughly excited about it) and will be doing some posts on their instagram potentially too so keep an eye out on social media my lovelies! (Links to them are on my twitter also just look in my pictures i'm sure i've mentioned them i usually do at least 762034 times a day).

Thank you again for reading my rambles and I am sorry it has seemed like ages since my last post I will definitely definitely definitely be posting more and keeping you up to date on all my shenanigans. Love you always,

leopardprintelephant xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Looking fab as always! I've done a shoot with Lauren too she's amazing isn't she? X

    ReplyDelete